Maddy has complained about coughing for three days. Starting on Saturday she cried about aches and pains. On Sunday she could barely move and uncharacteristically fell asleep at church.
Now a smart mother would maybe put these clues together and think her darling daughter may be ill, but not this mom. I managed to be completely taken by surprise when Maddy vomited all over Aunt Rebecca's living room...and dining room...and bathroom (I tried to move fast, but my hands could only catch so much). Maddy stayed home sick from school today.
Some mothers might feel guilty about not noticing her child's illness until the fourth day, or about telling her to quit complaining and drag herself off the floor so she can get her hair done for church. But a resourceful mother can easily blame it on the fact the the child in question complains about every ache and pain so dramatically that it's hard to take her seriously. And I am above all things a resourceful mother.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I'm with you on not putting things together. When you have a daughter who can even repeatedely barf at the drop of a hat even the vomiting doesn't clue me in!
P.S. I hope she dosen't have the pig flu!
It's always hard to know these things.
Wow- catching the barf- that's a good mom!!
Ha Ha Ha! Poor Maddy but I have to admit while reading this post I was laughing at how Rebecca would react more then the sick girl and her Mother.
Post a Comment