Friday, June 11, 2010

It's All In Your Head

Last week at this time I was waiting in the pre-op waiting room trying not to think about having surgery in the next hour.

Today I'm sitting in bed, feeling better much better than I did 6 days ago, but still waiting to be back to my regular self.

To be honest, I was kind of looking forward to the week after surgery. I had it pictured in my mind as a week of lying in bed, reading, watching movies and napping with no responsibilities. Turns out I like my responsibilities, and reading and movies aren't as much fun if that's all you have to look forward to, and what's the point of a nap if you haven't expended a single bit of energy for a week!? Not to mention there was some pain involved there for awhile, which kind of messes with relaxing.

Well, the worst is over and in my head I gave myself one week in bed and then back to business, so I should be better soon, right?

2 comments:

The Amazing Mumfords said...

I didn't know you had surgery! Glad to hear you're being taken care of. I know what you mean about rest . . after a day or two it's highly over rated.

Andrea said...

I'm obviously unaware of what's going on in your life. I say rest another week! You just need to get hooked on some show on DVD and you'll never want to get up again.
Take care!