Friday, October 1, 2010

A Couple Of Things

1. Ella is fascinated by death. She often asks when she is going to die. She has it worked out that since Dad is the oldest, he will die first, then Mom, then Ryan, etc., but wants to know when it will happen. Mixed in with this death talk is her understanding of resurrection, so she also talks a lot about when she'll get to see those that have already died again, like the cats, the guinea pigs the dog ate, Carter's dead fish, and the two twins that died. She talks about it like she's waiting for it to happen any day now - like Halloween or Christmas. I am just superstitious enough that I DO NOT like this kind of talk, especially when she sighs and says, "Mom, I don't want to die." Doesn't she know that we don't tempt fate like that?

2. You might notice the lack of pictures. I had another virus attack/lose everything/rescue by Glenn incident. Actually twice more. Now all my rescued pictures are in a folder with random blog backgrounds, game screens, and pictures of George Burns. Over 4000 of them. I spent an hour editing through it this morning and got the number down to 4038. It is neither fun nor rewarding work and so it just sits there on my computer, one more thing to do sometime...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That is rather creepy about the fascination of death. My sister knew a little girl that kept talking about wanting to meet Jesus and then a few weeks later she died in a car accident. So now it freaks me out if my kids start to talk about that. Although I'm sure it's all fine and they just need to process it all. Maybe she needs more hobbies :) haha.
Sorry about your pictures. Wow. That's a lot of work for you. Good luck.