Maddy was in charge of the lesson for our last Family Night. Monday afternoon I asked her what she had in mind and she told me she wanted to do a fashion show where we all dress up in our best clothes and then we can have a contest to see who is the prettiest and the winner is like the people who get to go back to Heaven. What?! I thought for a few seconds about how I could show how to make that a better idea without squashing her creativity, but then gave up and said no, that's not a good idea and we don't believe just the pretty people get to go back to Heaven.
Her second idea was to pass around a picture of a turkey and everyone could say what they liked about Thanksgiving. We would read a scripture then pass around a picture of Jesus and everyone would say something they were thankful for about Jesus. This one we did and it went very well.
How can these two ideas be in the same brain? I wonder sometimes which side of Maddy is going to win in the end.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment