Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving. We had more of a Thanksgiving weekend than a day, with lots of food, games, family and shopping. Wynn's brother Wade and his family came to spend the holiday with us and they really helped to make it a memorable weekend. Gayla made great gravy, Wade played endless games of football with the boys, and Mckay kept the boys from ever saying "I'm bored." We introduced them to some new games and enjoyed some old, visited Wynn at work, went to see "The City of Ember" and spent time just talking.

This was the first year I was in charge of Thanksgiving dinner, as Wynn was at work that day. I have to say I was pretty happy with the results. I had lots of help from everyone (even Wynn the day before) and we had an impressive meal.

One tradition I didn't think I would get to enjoy this year was my annual Friday shopping, but again Wade and Gayla helped out by staying with my kids so I could leave the house at 5:00 am. I didn't get anything too exciting, but it was fun.

All in all it was a good weekend and I am most grateful for the time to think about and be grateful for all my blessings.

No comments: