I had another idea for my blessing post this week but right after my alarm went off this morning our power went out and all of a sudden I had new things to be thankful for.
I was thankful for a husband who found the flashlights and candles before he left for work so the boys had no problems getting ready for school. I was glad we had batteries I could put in my radio so I could listen for any information about the blackout. When I couldn't make pancakes like I was planning this morning I was glad we had plenty of other food to choose from. I was grateful for plenty of blankets to keep the girls warm as they slept and the house got colder without heat, and I was glad to have a gas fireplace to keep the rest of us from getting too cold.
And most of all, as I saw the rising sun bring light to our house, far brighter than any flashlight or candle, I was grateful for a Heavenly Father, whose creations far surpass any of the incredible things people have created, and who freely shares His creations with all His world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I am grateful that the blackout didn't affect us as we probably wouldn't have been as prepared, and I'm thankful for a sister who not only decorates her own house, but is willing to come over and do mine as well! :)
Post a Comment