Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Thoughts Without Pictures

Again I am having problems with pictures. I don't know who offended who (or is it whom?), but my computer won't even acknowledge the memory card when I insert it into the proper slot. So as a result here are some random non-visual thoughts today:

1. Ella doesn't like going to nursery. On Sunday I was getting her dressed and she said "I don't want to go to church. I want to go to the dentist." Really? Nursery is that bad?

2. We got our tickets for Hawaii. I'm very excited. Wynn has been planning our activities. His only concern is that I want to spend an hour at the Swap Meet. He's pretty sure this will throw off the schedule for the whole week. But other than that I think everything will be good. On a side note it took me ten minutes to spell Hawaii correctly for the spell checker.

3. We did our school Valentines last night. Seventy of them. We don't do anything fancy, because did you notice I wrote seventy of them? The kids just write names on purchased Valentines and we call it good. This year is the first year everyone wrote their own cards, so that was nice.

4. While everyone was writing, Maddy said something about a boy in her class being her enemy. Ryan pipes up and says "Yeah, Kindergarten is a jungle of social power. In fourth grade what's important is who can tell the best jokes - at least for the boys. Who knows what the girls are thinking. They're so weird even if they tell you what they're thinking you don't know."

4 comments:

Andrea said...

haha. Wow- he's figured out girls at a young age.
I'm not sure you should be allowed to go somewhere that you can't spell. ok.. I'm just jealous.
good luck with the nursery situation. We're having sunbeam issues.

bknmkalhyland said...

Your kids have great things to say! I'm impressed that you remember what they say enough to post it. I'm not good at that. When are you going to Hawaii? During Spring Break?

Michelle said...

Lola doesn't like Sunbeams. She wants to go back to nursery where the FUN teachers are. Your kids have very intellectual discussions over valentines.

Rebecca said...

Wow. I didn't know Ryan could say that much at one time! I think that Nursery is waaaaay better than the dentist. Although when I used to go to the dentist they didn't have TV's so maybe now it is a toss up.