Monday, February 2, 2009

Eight Things About Carter


I had this ready to go earlier this week - just wanted to put in a picture of Carter on his birthday. Unfortunately I got distracted between taking my memory card out of my camera and putting it into my computer and now my very tiny memory card is lost. So here's a picture of Carter, not on his birthday, and some fun things about my cute boy.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!

!. Carter hates to get up in the morning. I begin waking him up at 7:00 and after two or three tries he usually makes it upstairs by 7:30. Later if he didn't get enough sleep.

2. Carter likes to look at the weather in the newspaper. He will only wear his winter coat if the newspaper or thermometer show him it will be cold. He won't take my word for it that winter is a cold time of the year - he needs proof.

3. Carter likes all things Star Wars.

4. Carter likes to collect things. Rocks, pop cans, little pieces of paper, lego creations, past school work, etc. Anything can become a treasured collection. And he remembers all his things.There has been more than one crisis percipitated by the coming together of a boy who likes to collect and a father who can't abide clutter.

5. Carter is a friendly kid and he is very adaptable. He can play with older kids and younger kids. He can play "boy" games or "girl" games. The only thing he has a hard time doing is playing by himself.

6. Carter is very affectionate. He loves to gives hugs. He likes to give punches just as much, but there's usually just as much affection in both gestures.

7. Carter likes money and is good at saving to buy things.

8. Carter can act tough on the outside, but is pretty sensitive inside. He's a good kid and I love him lots!

6 comments:

bknmkalhyland said...

That's a great list! Carter is an awesome kid! Hard to believe he's old enough to be baptized. I wish we lived closer so we could attend those special events. They are so worth recognizing as a family.

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great guy.
Do you believe in arranged marriages?
Is 4 years to big of a gap? lol.

Alana said...

Tell Carter Happy Birthday from us. We missed calling on his Birthday. He is a great kid.

Rebecca said...

Yay for Carter!

Michelle said...

Carter, what a great guy!! Alia and Lola always want to visit their tall cousins. Wish we could be there for his baptisim but we will have to wait until the reunion. Happy being 8 Cater.

Unknown said...

I like Carter too! I like playing games with him, especially when I win! I love his hugs! We will be coming for his Baptism.