A few weeks ago Ella had some difficult nights. She woke up three or four times a night, crying, and didn't want to sleep in her bed. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then one night she woke up crying and woke up Maddy too. In an attempt to getting everyone back to sleep as quickly as possible Wynn told the girls to sleep on the floor in our room. As I was trying to get back to sleep I heard Maddy whisper to Ella, "Ella...Do you want to hold my hand?" pause, then "Ella, if you don't hold my hand the monsters will get you." Hmm. Mystery solved. After a stern talk with Maddy the next day on the misuse of trust and power followed by Maddy assuring Ella that monsters, ghosts and vampires are not real Ella can now sleep peacefully again. Ah, sisters.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Sisters That Go Bump In The Night
A few weeks ago Ella had some difficult nights. She woke up three or four times a night, crying, and didn't want to sleep in her bed. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then one night she woke up crying and woke up Maddy too. In an attempt to getting everyone back to sleep as quickly as possible Wynn told the girls to sleep on the floor in our room. As I was trying to get back to sleep I heard Maddy whisper to Ella, "Ella...Do you want to hold my hand?" pause, then "Ella, if you don't hold my hand the monsters will get you." Hmm. Mystery solved. After a stern talk with Maddy the next day on the misuse of trust and power followed by Maddy assuring Ella that monsters, ghosts and vampires are not real Ella can now sleep peacefully again. Ah, sisters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That is funny!! I think it is great that you solved the mystery. I hope you have good nights now!
Can you solve the mystery of why I keep having little visitors in my room at night? I'd love to have more than 2 hours of sleep in a row.
That's so cute though! Older sisters are a pain :)
Haa!! That is funny. Poor Ella dreading going to sleep. Oh the joys of older sisters.
Post a Comment