Here's a little update on the folks around here:
Ella
Ella has decided to start picking out her own outfits so we sometimes leave the house looking like this:
The other day she came up to me and asked me how baby birds fly. I told her the mommy birds teach them and they practice until they can fly. She said , "No Mom. They just wing it."
Ryan
Ryan recently had the puberty class at school, which seems to me to be some kind of huge milestone without any good way to celebrate. Wynn somehow convinced me that it would be a good idea for me to attend the parent preview for Ryan and he would go for the girls. It made some kind of logical sense when he was talking, since I already know all there is to know about girls, but I've never been a boy. Anyway, I thought I'd experienced all the embarrassment of puberty until I had to sit in a room surrounded by men I don't know and watch a movie with intimate pictures of developing male body parts, if you know what I mean. Sheesh! And now that I think about it, I don't really trust Wynn to keep up his end of the bargain. He has four years to come up with a good excuse to avoid the girl movie.
Here's a picture of Ryan dancing in a mosaic ensemble of dance explaining the different elements of creative writing. You have to love an arts school.
Maddy
Maddy celebrated her birthday during Spring Break this year. She had pancakes for breakfast and went to Red Robin for dinner, mostly so she could get sung to and get a birthday sundae. She still had room when we got home for ice cream cake though. Her special activity for the day was to go shopping with Mom. We went to Target and tried on piles of trashy clothes that Maddy picked out. No, we don't have the same opinion about what is appropriate for a 7 year old (we read the section on dress standards in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet a lot in our family nights). I let her pick out her favorite least trashy dress to buy and we both left pretty satisfied.
Carter
I don't have much to say about Carter these days. He turned 9 in February and I've always thought the odd years were easier years with my kids. So far that's holding true for 9 and I hope it keeps up. Carter is a sweet kid.
Last Friday we went on a date to get a haircut and look at Legos. We had fun together and it was nice to be with just Carter. He usually prefers to spend his date nights with his dad, so it's rare that we go out together, just us two. Usually it's more like this:




1 comment:
Wow- when did your kids grow up so much? We're not getting older, how can they.
Cute and hilarious that you went to the class. you are brave!
Post a Comment