This morning Carter couldn't find his glasses. He noticed this five minutes before he had to leave for the bus. After a frantic search with no luck I convinced him it would be okay to go to school without his glasses for one day and that he had to leave for the bus right now or he would miss it.
After he left I remembered that the last thing Carter did last night before going to bed was play on the trampoline. He wouldn't have left his glasses on the grass outside, would he? Sure enough, that's where they were. I looked at the clock and decided to make a mad dash to the bus stop - or mad drive, if we want to be accurate. Throwing Ella in the van and driving quickly around the corner, I handed Carter his glasses through the window just as the bus drove up.
As I drove away I admit I felt a little like a superhero, saving the day. I mentioned this thought to Ella, who quickly set me right, informing me I was not a superhero because I couldn't fly. She was clearly not impressed by my recent actions, which is the normal reaction I get from my children for my superhero activities, because yes, I think I save the day quite often around here. So I've decided I am left with a decision. Either my kids are good for me because they keep me from getting to conceited in my mothering, or I should don a cape to prove to them that I really am Supermom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
you should don a cape!
It's time they knew who you really were.
See Ella doesn't need preschool. Look how insightful she already is without any training.
LOL you are so funny!! I agree with Andrea...get a cape
Post a Comment