Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reverent Carter

In an attempt to achieve an easier transition between Sacrament meeting and class time our ward began singing a hymn after the closing prayer while the teachers leave to set up their classrooms. To help with this transition time our primary assigns two children to stand at the front with their arms folded to be "Reverence Children" while we sing the song.

This Sunday was Carter's turn to be the "Reverence Child." He was not very excited about this honor, but to his credit he got up and walked to the front without too much coaxing. I have never seen reverence look so painful. I really wished I could take a picture - picture in your mind a tall almost-eight-year-old boy who doesn't want to be there standing next to a grinning four-year-old girl who can barely see over the wall and facing the entire ward. You could tell he didn't want to be there, but was trying to be good. It was funny and sweet all at the same time. I can hardly wait to see Ryan do it!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

hilarious. what a good boy