Today:
1. Ella was sick. She threw up five times last night and slept on and off most of the day. We were buddies most of the night since she looked so sad I couldn't leave her to suffer alone and ended up holding her on the couch and sleeping with her in the guest room. I'm sure the queasy feeling in my stomach right now is completely unrelated.
2. Maddy was bored. It was a day off from school and I told her no one could come over because of point #1. I didn't feel too bad because she went to a birthday party Friday night and another one most of Saturday.
I talked/forced Maddy into singing in the choir the last few weeks in an attempt to give her a place to practice singing. I'm not sure if she's completely sold on it, but I enjoy it and I'm too chicken to go without taking her as my excuse.
3. Carter was content, which is pretty typical of Carter. He likes nothing more than to spend his free time playing on the computer. On Saturday I forced him to invite friends over. He begged me not to make him, but I wouldn't relent. Carter is my child with easily the most friends and also the one least inclined to do anything with them. Weird.
4. Ryan was busy. He had a scout camp out Friday night. Saturday morning a couple of his friends called him, which was a little unusual. He got home about noon and I told him about the messages and he told me his friends called because Ryan had invited them over for a party that afternoon. So an hour later we had five boys over having an airsoft battle in the backyard. It's fun to watch Ryan grow up and, so far, do a pretty good job navigating adolescence. If only we didn't have to do it three more times...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Love it! You have such an adventurous life.
Post a Comment